Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Way A Summer Day Ought to Be...

Wow...
What a great day we had!
We started the day with Lilly and donuts...
She brought breakfast to her uncles.
They were all asleep, and she came dancing through the house yelling "Uncles! Get UP! Donuts!"
It was so cute!
She visited for awhile and Nina and I had a chat.

Then I got myself together and went over to Good Shepherd School to meet with the principle about getting our homeschoolers into some of the classes and activities there.
We are going to do Spanish, and possibly a swim team.
There will also be band and chorus, and the school play.
I am looking forward to the boys doing some things with the school kids and I think it will be a good fit.

We came home, had lunch and headed off to the pool. The boys swam for a LONG time.
John always takes his chess set, in case anyone wants to play.
As we were getting ready to come home the kids found a butterfly flitting around. Brendan loves to get them to come up onto his fingers.


This one was so neat looking!
It wanted to play chess, but the pieces were too big.


The next thing on the agenda was to go down to rt 40 and "Sign Wave" for Jim Rutledge.
We had five of us there for awhile and the girls, Danielle and Nicole, were a blast!
They are such great kids.
We got LOTS of waves, 26 honks, 3 very interested dogs and a seagull.
All in all a very successful time. We will be back out there next Thursday...



After we finished waving we went up to the pool for the last (sniff, sniff) Chesapeake Swim Club cookout for the season. It was great! Such wonderful food and such neat people.
We had so much fun and the kids swam until it was almost dark.



Now I am catching up on email and getting a bit of blogging done.
Tomorrow I have a job helping a homeschool family get organized! I am so excited!
I hope there is a lot more of that to come. It's the direction I want me part of the business to go.
One of these days I am going to be able to take the test and become a Certified Professional Organizer!

So now off to finish my work and get to bed. Another busy day ahead tomorrow...

No comments: