Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good, Not So Good, Very Good

Well, today was a day of getting things done, and bringing things to light. All of which should make me feel good at the end of the day, but, well, there's a bit of a cloud over it.
I did get my errands done early on.
Took a salad and pumpkin bread up to the church for a funeral and then went to Bel Air to shop for a baptism gift, which is always fun.
I came home and went over my little talk that I was going to give at Mass, about "40 Days for Life", and got it pared down to two minutes or so. That was also good.
Then I headed up to the Church for the 4:00 Mass, and sat down with the bulletin, to see if the inserts that we had gotten had been put in. They had. Good.
I perused the Respect Life section, because I was curious about whether the information that I had sent had made it in. It had, but it didn't look at all like I had imagined it would, and there were some bits missing....not good, not good at all. This particular bit of information pertains to the negative health effects of hormonal contraception. When I wrote it and reviewed it, it looked good, it looked like just what women need to make informed choices about their health. When I saw it in the bulletin, it just looked snide and harsh. The introduction that I had written wasn't there, and neither were the citations.
UGH. I don't want people to feel preached to. That doesn't help people understand the point.
So, not good.
I gave my little talk, and it went fine, and I was able to get a couple of people to commit to praying at Planned Parenthood later this month.
Tim and I went out to dinner, which was very good.
All in all, a good day.

No comments: