Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It can't be a whole week since I posted! Where have the days gone?
Last weekend is a blur, as we were still sick, but able to go out and do things.
We went to Mass Saturday, because the boys had to serve, and we all made it through without coughing.
Sunday Tim took the boys out for the afternoon, while John hung out with his friend Kevin.
They all had a Squires meeting that night, and I had to catch up on Bible Study stuff.
We are all really excited about the upcoming Christmas break.
Monday night I went to a meeting with some of the other parents in our co-op, regarding the upcoming Shakespeare experience. The kids have chosen "King Lear", which presents some rather major challenges in the casting dept. There are not as many roles, there are only 3 female parts, and there are a LOT of kids that are hoping to be given large parts. Paula has some great ideas for dealing with these issues, and we are all working hard to help her.
We have a great team working on the play this year and I love that there is such an interest on the part of the kids.
John is preparing his monologue for the audition, and I think he will do well. He has made great progress since the first one, and he did well that time!
Yesterday we were home slogging away at school. We are trying to get as much done as possible before the break. I want to put the books away for three weeks knowing that we are on track for an end to school in May. It will be a challenge in some subjects, but I think we can do it.
The kids are almost halfway through their math books and that is the subject that I use to determine where we are. John is really working hard in Algebra. Can I just say that we are really not a math family?
John is my hero.
Tomorrow being the feast of the Immaculate Conception, when Mary was conceived without sin in her mother's womb, we are heading down to DC to attend the noon Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, my all time favorite church.
It will be awesome to celebrate with Our Lady, and make a special pilgrimage.
We are also going on a tour at the Franciscan Monastery nearby.
I'll be sure and update with pictures tomorrow night!

No comments: