Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here We Go Again!

Well, it's the first day of school in 2012!
We are trying to get back into the swing of things after a fabulous Christmas break.
It's hard to get back to the discipline of the daily school routine, but at the same time it is nice to be getting back to a routine, and making progress on school.
It's always a little scary getting to this point in the year and realizing how much we have left to do.
January means we have six months left.
All the boys are working hard.
Some are further ahead than others.
It drives John and Brendan crazy that Paul can fly through his work and be done in a couple of hours.
This is partly because Paul is younger and has less on his plate, but it's also because Paul is an incredibly fast reader. He can read and retain information faster than anyone I know, and he doesn't forget it!
Tomorrow is the audition for our upcoming production of "King Lear".
John is hoping for the role of the King of France.
We are going to be casting everyone on Friday night.
I will be working on costumes again this year, and I am really looking forward to it! I have had such a good time in the past productions.

We have a few things in the offing  besides getting back to school.
John is very much involved with the youth in our homeschool community, and he has something going on almost every weekend. We are getting ready to go on the March for Life at the end of this month.
That will be a very big event.
We start with Adoration for life all day on Sunday, then there is a pizza dinner over at the school. This year there will be a movie and discussion program after dinner, which is open to the parish. The kids that are going to the March the next day get "locked in" for the night, under the close supervision of the Holy Deacon, and our very observant Ms. Kathy Flood. At 4:00am we will head over to the train station to ride down to DC and participate in the youth Rally for Life, and the March.
In February we will be attending Mount 2000, which is a regional Eucharistic Conference up in Emmitsburg.
I am so excited about these events!

I am getting a bit of work in around the edges of school, mostly for friends.
I am hoping to get a few clients through Sappari Solutions, as we go into the new year, but I have to make sure that they are clients that I can work with over the phone and on the computer. I am not doing on-site organizing right now, because I just can't keep up the momentum with both school and work. I admire those that can work and homeschool, and I am sure that I will be able to manage it as the boys get older, but right now just isn't the time.

So...we start 2012 with a lot of hard work, and we get traction for the long pull from now until June.


No comments: