Thursday, March 28, 2013

Triduum Begins...


Tonight we celebrated the beginning of the Triduum, with the Mass of the Lord's Supper, and a Eucharistic procession.

So begins the three days of the Lord's passion and death, that ends with Easter Vigil Mass.

Tonight we remember Jesus last supper with his apostles, where He gave us His very body and blood in the Eucharist.
The first Mass. We are so grateful for His staying with us.

We also meditate on His passion. The Garden of Gethsemane....

The Agony in the Garden.36* q Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane,* and he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”r37s He took along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee,* and began to feel sorrow and distress.38t Then he said to them, “My soul is sorrowful even to death.* Remain here and keep watch with me.”39u He advanced a little and fell prostrate in prayer, saying, “My Father,* if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will.”40When he returned to his disciples he found them asleep. He said to Peter, “So you could not keep watch with me for one hour?41Watch and pray that you may not undergo the test.* The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”42* v Withdrawing a second time, he prayed again, “My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without my drinking it, your will be done!”43Then he returned once more and found them asleep, for they could not keep their eyes open.44He left them and withdrew again and prayed a third time, saying the same thing again.45w Then he returned to his disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? Behold, the hour is at hand when the Son of Man is to be handed over to sinners.46Get up, let us go. Look, my betrayer is at hand.”



No comments: