Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Christmas Carol- Milburn Stone Style


Well I hadn't posted it yet because I wasn't sure what the end result was going to be.

However, a couple of weeks ago, Paul and I travel over the river and through the woods to audition at the Milburn Stone Theater for "A Christmas Carol- The Musical".

This has always been my hands down favorite Christmas story, so if I was ever going to sing in public again, this had to be it.

I was just hoping for a part in the chorus. Paul was hoping for any role he could get, because he LOVES the stage! It's in the Hendry/Rarity blood, you know... he's a chip off the old block.
I never thought I was, but today we found out what our roles are and I am really thinking that this is going to be fun!

Paul will be playing Fred's son and Ignorance. He's just enough of a waif yet.
I got the part of Mrs Mopps, who is Scrooge's housekeeper. That's a bigger part than I figured I would have.
I really got bitten by the bug during "The King and I" and I am really looking forward to getting started. I can't wait to see who is in all the other roles! I know that Paula, Danielle, Maria and Lizzy are in several different parts. The girls play Fred's daughters and Paula is Granny Chuzzlewit. We can all expect bit parts in different scenes.

I love the music, I love the story, I love watching Paul onstage, ...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You must get a DVD for us to see. It will be wonderful. The girls really enjoyed performing Christmas Carol last year. Break a leg!