Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Beautiful Post by Jenna...

At Beyond These Walls...
I just had to post this because I am praying that more and more young women will discover what a tremendous and defining blessing they possess in their natural femininity.
Click the title to read the whole thing...

The Dusty Little Box

When I began using the Pill, my fertility was little more than a nuisance in my life. Like a gnat at a barbeque it always seemed to pop up and ruin the moment, and just wouldn’t be shooed away. The constant worry (particularly as that time of the month approached), month after month after month, was driving us both insane. Well, I just wasn’t going to stand for that kind of oppression at the hands of my own biology – I found a way to stick it to those pesky ovaries. I’d shut them up. The Pill freed me from the chains of fertility, and for me, that made the Pill just about the greatest thing since sliced bread. It allowed me to drop my fertility into a tiny box, seal it up and pack it away. I knew I’d use it again someday, but for now I didn’t care where it ended up. I just pitched it under the bed, left it to collect dust bunnies and went about my business.

No comments: