Saturday, April 9, 2011

Everybody's Having a Good Time!

Well, today started out cold, gloomy, and WAY too early, but it turned into a really great day!

Today was clean up day at the ball park for, I think, the entire Little League. Several adults showed up to get the work done, one of whom was Tim, after traveling all day yesterday from a week of work in Utah. They were supposed to be there at 8:00. SO...Tim says we have put in our time. Nice to be done with that, but I am one to talk, I stayed home and did laundry.

I also went up to Elkton to pick up Henry Watkins for the boy's birthday sleepover. Brendan and Paul are both "sharing" the fun of having their friend overnight. We stopped for a few things at Walmart and, what to our wonderment was just newly released, but "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"! I had been trying to think of something special for a treat for them, and we have been waiting for it to come out since Christmas!
We went to Mass, because Brendan and Paul had to serve. They are getting it down pretty well! They look like old pros to me, and I have no idea what Father Jay thinks, he is such a nice guy!

After Mass, I went to Little Caesar's to get pizza for dinner. That has to be the choice of cuisine for a birthday celebration, (and the crusts are just about perfect for dipping in leftover buffalo chicken dip!) Then we watched the movie, and I got all emotional over the end. Love those stories!

John was invited to stay at the Hoppels and go to see the Perryville High School version of "Guys and Dolls". I think he probably really enjoyed it. The male lead is a friend of his from Squires, and he is really talented.

All in all it turned out to be a very satisfactory Saturday! Maggie even got a walk! I am worn out though. not enough sleep to get through all this activity.

Maybe I can get a few pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Courage8 said...

Yes - A good Saturday!