Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Harbinger of the Year to Come?

Yes, today is my birthday, and I wouldn't mention it, except that I have to make a note of the way the day started, because if this is the way that the coming year is going to be, well, I need to be able to remember how it began.

So this morning I got up and walked and started the coffee maker. I never look at the news until after my shower, so I didn't know that we were under a tornado watch at that time.
Apparently the watch was upgraded to a warning while I was in the shower. So I was all covered in soap and conditioner, when the sirens started going off. And they kept going off. I finally got rinsed off and got out so that I could wake the boys up. All of us were together on the third floor.
We stumbled down to the basement and waited for the warning to be lifted.
It was. I love a false alarm.

So that was this morning....

No comments: