Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Birdwalk

John and I took the opportunity to go down to the local nature trail, Joe K's Loop, named after our next door neighbor, to do a bit of birdwatching.
It was a chilly day, but we were pleasantly surprised with the number of different species that we saw!
I took my small camera, because it has a good zoom lens, and I was fairly successful. John took his binoculars and he was just thrilled with all that we saw.
Three Herons, which I missed getting shots of. They live here,

A hawk, hunting down by the swamp.

Three types of Woodpeckers, although this was the only one I got a shot of. It's a Northern Flicker.



Something that looked like a Catbird, which we thought were migratory, but these obviously aren't because they were hanging around in the cold.


The usual Cardinal gangs.

Some grazing Canada Geese.

And a few more that I missed, like a vulture, ugh.

We will go back in a couple of weeks and see what the warming weather brings out.

No comments: