Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vacuum Dilemma...

OK, I have to get a new vacuum. I. HAVE. TO.
Yes, I have asked lots of people about what they use, and have received lots of great advice.
However, I am falling victim to Amazon's customer reviews. Whenever I find something that seems like it is just what I would want, I go to the site and find that it's hated by enough people that I can't trust it.
Very telling is the fact that all the Hoovers have a suggested additional purchase of spare belts. Yeah. That gives me great confidence.
Eureka, apparently, has so much plastic that there are any number of places that it can break.
The bagless ones, well, I know it's just me, but I like a bag that holds everything nice and neat, and then I just pop it out and throw it away. As much as Maggie sheds, I am going to have to buy a LOT of bags! So that is another wrench in the works.
Seems like there is something wrong with every one of these things. Meanwhile, my old vac doesn't do much of a job anymore and the dog hair keeps piling up. This is only going to get worse as the weather gets warmer...
This is becoming a lot more trouble than it should be.

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Hi just stumbled on you in the 'next blog' section. I've got a Dyson and you say you don't like bagless, though I don't know why, they are cheaper and apart from the very expensive Oreck, are brilliant for picking up dog hairs [I've got two] dogs that is. On the Oreck, they are very good as is the Sebo, but pricey. Oh well, hope you didn't mind me poking my nose in.