Friday, March 11, 2011

Plans

It seems to me, that every time I turn around, I am trying to come up with a plan to tackle something that either needs doing now, or will need doing down the road a piece.


We are doing a study on the book "Unplanned" by Abby Johnson. (Is that a title that is speaking to me or what?) Not much to do for it, but we have to have it on the schedule. I am really looking forward to talking to people about it, and hearing their impressions. I think it may be a great motivator to get people praying for those enslaved by the abortion industry.

We are looking forward to Dad's visit in April, and I want to get a little work done on the house before he gets here. I want to at least get carpet on the stairs going up and down, because the stuff that is there is literally falling apart. Planning to work on the house requires the cooperation of more than just me though and Tim is so busy right now that I don't want to add one more thing to his plate. I think having the carpet done is a good project, because someone else will be doing it!

I have discovered a wonderful book by Cardinal Wuerl on the Mass and I think I want to use it for next year for Religion. It is very easy to read, and I think all the boys would get a lot out of it, but I need to do a little adapting to help it fit the bill for the younger boys, which means I am going to have to do some writing. I will need to write a study guide and tests for each chapter, and I will have to make it fit three different age levels. SO...some summer planning.

We are going to host a marriage retreat at Good Shepherd in the Fall. There are lots of details to pull together, and I am not one to procrastinate, so I am planning out the plans....

A trip to Texas...That's another plan that I want to pull together, that relies on a lot of outside influences, and I can't just make the plan, I have to wait to make the plan....UGH! I am not a good waiter.

So I have a lot of plans....and you know what they say: "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."
It's OK, I'm adaptable.

No comments: