Friday, September 23, 2011

Another Great Chess Night!

September's Chess night appears to have been quite successful!
We had around 18 boys here! They had pizza, a little soda, LOTS of water, and I made chocolate chip cookies.
After we cleared dinner, we set up the rest of the boards and the boys started their matches.

I have no idea who played who, or who won, but that doesn't matter, because they just love to play!
The younger boys were playing the older ones, no one had to worry about how well they play, because everybody just played everybody.
We had nine boards including several that were brought by some of the boys.

We'll be doing this every month, but if it gets any bigger, we are going to have to find another place to play, we'll be out of room!
I want to see if the guys would like to have a tournament at the end of the school year.
I don't want anyone to feel any pressure, but I think some of them would like it.



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love this idea. I doubt we could get 18 together! I will float the idea with the local group.

Suzanne said...

Wow, 8 positive responses the first day! I think we will have a chess club up and running in no time. Thanks for sparking enthusiasm for a Chess club 1,000 + miles away.