Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013- Positive and Personal


It is now a few days into the new year, and it appears that
 (a) The world will go on for a least a while longer.
 (b) The economy is going to limp along as opposed to crashing over the cliff.
 (c) There is not a darn thing that I can do about either of those very large issues.

However, there is a lot that I can do about my own attitudes and direction.
I think that it is just too easy to let the big stuff become the focus and to let the things that we need to work on get lost in the shuffle.

That being said, this new year is going to be one with much less attention paid to the big picture, and more to the interior and domestic side of life.

We have so many blessings in our lives. We have a home, Tim has a job that enables me not only to keep us all fed and clothed, but allows for us to help others as well.
We are able to teach our kids at home and let them learn at their own pace. We are also able to pass to them the truths of our Faith, so that they can accept the heritage of the Catholic Faith in it's fullness.

So we are going to do a lot more soul searching and appreciating this year. We are going to be more thankful for what we have. We are going to look at the beauty and let God's voice speak through His creation.
I am going to try to be more positive and not let the little things annoy me as much.
I am trying to spend more time in prayer and Bible study. I have discovered the Psalms in a much more personal way, through our Parish Bible Study group. We are doing the Ascension Press study Psalms, the School of Prayer. It is so wonderful to find God waiting for me each day in this wonderful book.

This is the year of Faith and I am trying to make this the year of my Faith, and my family's Faith.

At this time we are all healthy, we have two beautiful new baby boys in the Cooke household, Nina is well on her way at work and school, the details of each day are manageable and we have every reason to look forward to the future.


No comments: