Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A G.E. Christmas


Tim and I got our Christmas present early.
We decided this year that the big item that we really needed to give each other had to be a new fridge.
We got the old one when we moved into the house. It wasn't the most expensive model and it was rather inconvenient, but we could live with that, and did. Well for about the last nine months the old fridge has been making an ominous clunking sound every time it quits running. It was getting kind of scary lying in bed at night and hearing that horrible noise.
So we moved the old fridge into the pantry, where it can clunk away until it dies, which may not be for years!
I decided that I wanted to replace it with a bottom freezer model so that I don't have to get on my hands and knees to look in the back. So we hunted around online and found a GE in black that would fill the bill.
I ordered it online and it was delivered yesterday. It is a little hard to get used to the color, after the white, but I do love it!!
What a blessing to be able to have two fridges, for the time being. It will be so nice to have a place for extra milk and the things that we like to do ahead when we have a large gathering.
Thank You Lord for making it possible!

4 comments:

Laura said...

BEAUTIFUL! Aren't new appliances wonderful?! COngrats!!!

Christian said...

It looks really pretty!
Love,
Chris

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE it. Merry Christmas to you!!

Anonymous said...

I am envious of you not having to kneel on the floor to find something in the frig. We were just talking about how nice it will be to get a model similar to yours someday. And now you have two and we only have one! Our extra one did die! I miss having two, but now isn't a good time to get another one.
Enjoy!!
Love, Mom