Monday, July 22, 2013

Anima Christi


Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within your wounds, hide me.
Let me never be separated from you.
From the malignant enemy, defend me.
In the hour of my death, call me,
And bid me come to you,
That with your saints I may praise you
Forever and ever. Amen.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me...
Oh Jesus, you are Holy. You are the spotless Lamb of God. Unite my soul to yours, so that I may grow in Holiness, and become the Saint that You are calling me to be.

Body of Christ, save me...
Dear Jesus, you are the Bread of Life, you have told us that whoever eats this Bread will never die. Keep me always close to your Heart. I trust in you, my salvation.

Blood of Christ, inebriate me....
In the saving power of Your Blood I find my truest Joy. Fill my heart with the joy of Your True Presence, and let me share Your Joy with everyone that You bring into my life.

Water from the side of Christ, wash me...
Lord, I come to the foot of the Cross. In my sinfulness I beg you to let the precious water from Your side wash over me, as at my Baptism, and wash me clean.

Passion of Christ, strengthen me....
Dear Jesus, You were obedient to Your Father, even when it meant the ultimate suffering. Help me to take up my Cross daily, out of love for You, and to unite my sufferings to Yours.

O good Jesus, hear me...
I know that You always hear my prayers and that You are with me. Give me confidence in Your Holy will, to trust that everything that I need will be provided so that I can know, love and serve You in this world, and be happy with You in Heaven.

Within Your wounds, hide me....
I am so weak and sinful. I am incapable of resisting temptation on my own. Only Your Grace can keep me from being lost. Hide me in Your Blessed wounds. Keep me safe from my own inclinations. I put my trust in You.

Separated from You, let me never be...
I know that only through remaining in the Sacraments will I have the Grace to stay on the path to Heaven. I know that I have You always in the Eucharist. Let me remain close to You in the Blessed Sacrament until I can be with you in Eternity.

From the evil one, defend me....
Oh my Jesus, you have claimed me through my Baptism. You are the Guardian of my soul. When I wander like the lost sheep, rescue me and bring me back to your fold. I beg for Your protection.

At the hour of my death, call me and bid me to come to You....
Oh Lord, at the end of my journey here on earth, call me to your side. Let me see Your face. Jesus, I trust in You.

That with your saints I may praise You forever and ever. Amen.



No comments: